[3830] CQWW SSB VE7WO SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 17:07:20 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7WO
Operator(s): VE7WO
Station: VE7WO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Near Vancouver

   40:   18     4        4
   20:  336    32       65
   15:  657    35       73
   10:  149    23       35
------------------------------
Total: 1160    94      177  Total Score = 722,486

Club: ORCA DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This is probably my best effort yet in a SSB contest.  My goal in this was not
so much points as it was to make at least 1000 Q's over the course of the
weekend. This was my first contest with an amplifier from my home station and
was a real treat.  Fantastic to hear all the stations on and it seemed that
everybody was in an upbeat mood due to the decent condx.  Thanks to all who
called and nice to really start to recognize all the familiar callsigns.

Highlight for me was working the A52AB on Saturday evening...what a great
operator there ( Andy I think )  taking time to confirm my call beneath the QRM
of the pile up.   Also was good to hear Neil JT1RF running the pileups and
having a blast by the sounds of it.

73

Brian
VE7WO