[3830] CQWW SSB N7WA SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 20:11:43 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:    0     0        0
   20:   30    15       18
   15:   59    17       36
   10:   82    15       22

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

First of all, hats off to those who can contest using SSB. It's just not in my
DNA. I hear that wall to wall band of noise and my brain just doesn't work.
(CW, no problem.) I keep thinking if I practice it'll get better. Alas, I am
starting to think it's genetic. The, there is a lot more work to break the
pileups with 100 watts of SSB. Heck knows how some do it with QRP. (More hats
off to them.)

Still, with the great conditions, I just just couldn't pass up playing a bit.
In nearly 40 years of radio, I think this is the first time I have worked any
10M sideband of consequence. The nice thing about that is just about everything
was a new one for the mode.

Anyway, now I can anticipate CW Sweeps and CW CQWW. Hope you all had fun and
hope to see you in the coming weeks on CW.

cheers
dink, n7wa