[3830] CoQP K0UK SOMixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 4 11:30:20 PDT 2011

                    Colorado QSO Party

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: COLORADO
Operating Time (hrs): 10HRS

  160:    3      6      0
   80:   37     16      0
   40:  115     66      0
   20:  107    101      0
   15:    6     29      0
   10:    0      1      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
  222:    0      0      0
  432:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  268    219      0  CW Mults = 70  Ph Mults = 70  Dig Mults = 0  Total Score = 219,240

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I want to thank all the Colorado stations for getting on and working the
Colorado QSO Party plus all the out of staters.
 Its a pleasure to have PPRAA step up to sponsor the contest. For years we had
"NO" QSO Party to get behind. Thus we must support and enourage the PPRAA to
continue the tradition and to hopefully make the contest easier for all.
 Started on 160/80/40 working cw and over to ssb this lasted till about 1500z
when 20mtrs started and then did a bit of 40/20 and looks at 15mtr.
 Moved and was moved by several station between the bands. K5KG was the best to
ask for moves and fun to work George on so many bands and modes.
  15mtrs at first was non existent but latter opened to certain area of the
east coast.
 Did work W0ETT on his hernia repair mobile trip from Parker and round back
thru Parker El Paso, SAS CLC etc. It was fun to work him on cw then move to
ssb. You did well Prez..
 W0ZA had the strongest mobile cw signal. Heard and worked Greg but later didnt
hear him.
KG0Z Jon moved to 160 late in the test and I appreciate it.
 W0MOE, K0YW, were on from near Durango which was good to hear. K0DU came on
and found me and I moved him to 15mtrs and 10mtrs. Jerry was doing some work
and had other antenna disconnected.
  Heard some SA on 10mtrs but didnt spend the time to work and go thru the
exchange. I guess I got lazy.
15mtrs opened to JA but with the AA contest I worked some JA as AA and COQP.
Felt bad that I didnt set up a running AA program. So I hope the JARL gives
them credit for my SSB QSO's since I am not turning in a log.
N0KE Phil worked on lots of bands and once I worked K0CL in Garfield Co. I
assume he was mobile. I should have gotten on RTTY but had didnt I could have
set up Writelog but again I guess I was lazy.
 K0IZ worked from Teller Co. and he was running 20mtrs. I was surprised that I
broke the pileup on the 2nd radio and low tribander.
 Over all I found the band conditions so so. I never do real well on 20mtrs I
think its due to small tribander but I worked who I could hear and those that
heard me.
 I know I missed lots of GMCC'er. OH! KR7C/0 was my Pitkin Co contact. Tried to
get Stan to ssb but he was set up for cw only. Not a problem from me. I was just
glad he was on and giving out Pitkin Co.
 I also want to thank the NS'er N6RO, W7WHY, W0BH for making contacts with me
on cw and ssb.
 I know I missed some GMCC'er/NS'er and other Colorado stations I apologize for
that but so you will know. After the contest I was up to after midmite helping
xyl KB0QAA peel big jim peppers for the salsa. Its sunday and after church I am
doing this and off to help can pickles.
 Again thanks to all who got on and operated. Please let encourage others to
get on next year. Plus dont forget the California QSO Party as well as other
states..
 PTL God Bless
 Bill Brown, K0UK