[3830] NA Sprint CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 11 08:24:13 PDT 2011

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: W6SL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

   80:   32     1.0
   40:   92     2.0
   20:   22     1.0
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern Cal Contest Club #2

Comments:

Sprint is the fastest event in RadioSport. I had a lot of ham radio fun despite
these conditions; monsoonal flow brought thunder storm activity along the
central coast of California (QRN) and a coronal mass ejection disturbing the
ionosphere (QRN + QSB). Eighty meters was a challenge inside the cans.

My Sprint skill set continues improving as I'm learning how-to move between
channels after calling CQ and/or logging a couplet. There is greater value, at
least for me, when logging 2 Qs on one frequency then move to the next channel
versus channel hopping after calling CQ.

Sprint CW was fun and I'm pleased with my results as well.

73, Scot KA3DRR

ICOM 756PRO
80m dipole
40m 3L yagi
20m = 80m Dipole while 20m 6L yagi is repaired
1Kw on 80 & 40m
250 watts on 20m
N1MM Contest Logger