[3830] NA Sprint CW W1WBB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 11 11:25:59 PDT 2011

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RI

   80:   47    1:17
   40:   54    1:23
   20:   55    1:20
---------------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Haven't "Sprinted" in 6+ months, taking a break "cold turkey" from Thursday
Night Sprint Contesting since late February...life in the way of ham radio!

My soon-to-be 10 yr old son (very competitive by nature) convinced me to jump
back on for the "real deal" -- thanks Johnny!  Glad I did...great fun with
terrific ops in the most challenging 4 hrs of radiosport.  Also happy to
contribute my rare Sprint mult to the event.

Got into the swing pretty quickly after such a layoff...20m was surprisingly
good on my low dipole with some of the best rates.  40m not quite as good as
expected and then 80m proved quite difficult with weak sigs, noise and slow
rates, both primarily on the doublet at 45'.  Sad - no new mults in final 55
mins and no new Q's on 40m when checked in last hour!

Nice to work many TNC folks again and other regulars, though I missed a
prominent few I heard, mostly on "jump balls"...notably N4PN (called a number
of times Paul {!} as well as out of synch), NO3M, N9RV and K5TR.  Only mults
heard but not worked here were MT and AL.

Good to be a small part of some of the best 4 hours on the radio - a premier CW
event.  I remain amazed at the superior efforts of the "big dawgs".  Thanks all
for the QSOs.

Rig/stn:  Icom IC-737 (circa '93!) SO1R; 133' low OCF dipole @30' - 20m & some
80m, 88' doublet @ 45' in treetops (barely survived trop storm 'Irene') - 40m &
some 80m; N1MM logger.  Upper band improvements upcoming this contest season...

73,  Bill  W1WBB