[3830] WAE SSB VE6TL Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 11 16:35:29 PDT 2011

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Calgary

   20:  40    39     40
-------------------------
Total:  40    39     40  Total Score = 3,160

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

The "RF Black Hole of Alberta" certainly lived up to its name with Kp=7 for a
large part of the weekend.  My first QSO with Europe was over 17 hours into the
contest, following a vivid display of the Northern Lights on Friday night.  I
tried my best to give out the VE6 mult as just about everyone I contacted said
they needed it.  It also surprised me how many poor SSB ops were out there as
quite frequently they would repeat my serial number or callsign incorrectly and
not bother to confirm it.  I probably could have had another dozen Q's in the
log, which counts for a lot when you only make 40 in 48 hours.  Absolutely no
signals of any kind were heard on 10m, 15m and 80m, while only a few faint
signals from local sources were heard on 40m.  Now that the contest is over,
I'm sure propagation will improve.  This weekend WAE stood for Wasted All
Efforts!

Jerry VE6TL