[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN(@N6WIN) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 11 17:46:21 PDT 2011

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: N6WIN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

   80:   51    0:50
   40:  115    1:48
   20:   94    1:22
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

A big Thank You! to Tim, N6WIN, for the use of his fine station, and to his wife
and their two children for sharing husband and father. Much appreciated!
Tim has done well with limited space. There is a Cushcraft XM240 at 66' and a
C31XR at 54' with an inverted vee for 80. A K3 drives an Acom 2000 and band
decoding makes for effortless band changes.
Conditions were not so bad, but the noise floor was unstable which made copying
weaker signals a challenge. The first 30 minutes were pretty smooth, much of the
next 210 minutes were hard work.
80 meters was very noisy. And I found more fills needed this time around on all
bands.
My rates were 72, 73, 51, 64 which indicates I never really got a good rhythm
going. The third hour suffered from a weakening 40 and my first QSY to 80 bore
little fruit. My one 80 meter mult, KY, slipped back into the noise. Sorry,
Dan, K4FXN, for not being able to complete the QSO.
Mults were way down for me. I lost KY, heard WV in passing and never heard KL7,
NV, UT, NE, ND, OK, AR, AL, VT, any VEs except VE3, or any NA DX.

On the up side, the Sprint is so much fun hopping all over the bands with the
best operators. Always a thrill!
Congratulations to the Big Score Boys. Nice numbers!

Taking a cue from Jack, W1WEF, maybe it's time I tried one of those 5 hour
energy drinks before 00Z, hi!

73,
David, N6AN