[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 12 17:39:09 PDT 2011

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 3:50

---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team #2

Comments:

I wasn't sure how much time I could spend, as a former neighbor was in town and
we were going out to dinner with her. Fortunately we got out early, and got
home about two minutes befor the start. So I got started about ten minutes
late, but found conditions pretty good and kept at it.

I tried SO2R, but with the second radio being a TS-830S with such different
characteristics from the IC-746 it is not mentally easy switching back and
forth. Mostly it gave me a very easy way to switch bands. The second radio was
on 40 only. At times I wondered why I was getting beat out so often on 40, but
then I would just remind myself that with a dipole at 40 feet, that was going
to happen!

Nice having some sunspots back. Had a goodly number of three band qsos, a
rarity in recent years.

73  -  Jim  K8MR