[3830] CtQP AB1OD M/S LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Sep 17 17:51:13 PDT 2011

                    Connecticut QSO Party

Call: AB1OD
Operator(s): AB1OD
Station: AB1OD

Class: M/S LP
QTH: HAR
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    9     0       0
   40:    2     0       5
   20:    4     0       4
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    1     0       0
----------------------------
Total:   16     0       9  Mults = 20  Total Score = 1,000

Coded as m/s because I had the spots window open to keep track of the good dx
conditions when I was able to play radio Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
I don't recall having seen any CTQP spots posted while I was on.

Figures above do not include Salmon Run or SAC contacts made while tuning
around on the off chance I could find someone else working CTQP, or the DX I
chased.  I think I have more Salmon Run contacts in the log than CTQP,
actually.

My apologies to those who suffered through my calling CQ on CW.  I started
learning CW just a few months ago (heck, I haven't even been licensed a full
year yet), and while I'm reasonably comfortable playing S&P with CW, this
weekend showed that I still have a long way to go.

When not abusing CW, I did encounter some good, non-macro-dependent PSK31
operators.  I couldn't attract many responses with RTTY, but those contacts
turned into some nice QSOs, rather than mere contest exchanges.

With Connecticut being such a relatively small state, a CT QSO party would have
the potential to be a nice little, laid back affair...if there weren't so many
other contests occurring at the same time.   The CW portions of the bands were
dominated Saturday by the SAC and Salmon Run, and later Saturday, PSK-space
beyond the 20m zoo was filled with the QPSK contest.   (Phone was mostly
off-limits to me due to an XYL feeling under the weather, and my needing to
stay quiet so she could sleep.)  And RTTY....well, as one operator put it,
"don't see too many guys doing RTTY these days" outside contests.  That turned
into a FB QSO, actually.

Good to see 10 open.  Shame that the only CTQP contact I made there was local.