[3830] NA Sprint SSB W6YX(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Sep 17 21:20:40 PDT 2011

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA

---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 1

Comments:

The latest National Contest Journal showed the Sprint SSB
QRP Record was only 1,539 pts - so I took a run at it.

20m was good for the first hour, then another hour of slim
pickings except for Route 66 and South Carolina special event
stations.

40m was noisy and tough, but at least there were stations in
the Washington State Salmon Run.

80m for the last half hour was mostly local Caliphonians and
a few other West Coast.

Well, I'm glad to support the contest and raise the CA QRP
record, but I'm not sure QRP SSB is a good way to spend time.

W6YX MIKE CA (op K6UFO)

W6YX Stanford University:
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft
40m: 4 el at 60 ft