[3830] NA Sprint SSB WA7NWL LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 19 18:02:02 PDT 2011

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: WA7NWL
Operator(s): WA7NWL
Station: WA7NWL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ

   80:
   40:   58     1.5
   20:   42     1.5
---------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

My second NA Sprint, I think.  Operated from our cabin northeast of Payson, AZ
in the much cooler pine tree country, about 110 miles north of Phoenix.

Used a Kenwood TS-440SAT to a dipole at about 45-feet, fed with ladder line to
facilitate multi-band options.  No 80M antenna capability, so no 80M Q's.
Worked several other Outlaws, which is always neat, along with everyone else I
could.

Interesting observation - if I could hear someone, I could prety much work them
on the first call, but calling CQ was tough and required 6 or so calls to get a
response, so mainly S & P.

Last Q on 40M was NP2X in VI - which was really nice.

73,

John, WA7NWL