[3830] NA Sprint SSB AA8IA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 19 21:03:03 PDT 2011

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Toronto OH EN90ql
Operating Time (hrs): 3:07

   80:
   40:   8        4
   20:  20        7
---------------------
Total:  28     Mults = 11  Total Score = 308

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

The last thing I wanted to do was operate in an SSB sprint.   But, I heard
someone making it plain and clear that he was looking for anyone, anywhere...
sounding kind of desperate.   So I threw out my call.

After that I sat and listened a while to see if I could get the idea of what to
do.   I tried to answer a CQ and then send a CQ, and for the most part I did
that.   I forget all of the terms you sprint guys use for this stuff.   At any
rate, it was fun.  But then I got gunshy because I remembered reading that i
ought to give my call at the beginning [or end] depending upon whether I was
giving my exchange as part of my answer to a CQ vs giving my exchange after
someone answered my CQ.  Oh well.  It was fun, but only because the bands
weren't packed like I thought they would be.