[3830] CQ WW RTTY N2WN SOSB/10 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 26 05:10:08 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: Grainger Co., Tn
Operating Time (hrs): 7:32

   20:   28   62      10      15     8
   15:
   10:  360  987      12      54    20
Total:  360  987      12      54    20  Total Score = 84,882

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

With limited time this weekend, didn't get on until Sunday. Played on 20 and
thought I'd check to see if 10 was open... Boy was it!

I can't recall the last time I ran anyone on 10, much less EU. Many new calls
in my log and good rates almost every time I popped in the shack.

EU died off towards the end of the contest and even most of California was
weak. WA7LNW was one of the loudest signals, then ran across KL8DX booming in.
He started fading pretty quickly, but managed to make a QSO before he
disappeared. Only my second Alaska ever on 10. Big thrill having 7Z1SJ call in,
working KG6DX and managing QSOs with Japan. I'm sure there were more than a few
QRPers in the mix and probably more than a few who even need TN on 10 hihi

Need to get the word out to new ops about exchanges. Many were waaaay too long
and/or run together breaking the rhythm or just plain hard copy. Timing was off
too on some folks when trying to call in, repeat your call two, maybe three
times, six, seven and eight times is ludicrous. It's worth listening to someone
running and getting a feel for how to do it. after a while, you'll find you'll
start recognizing the sound of your own call and exchanges faster than the
decode ;o)

Sorry I didn't respond to Greg, AB7R's greeting, heard a number of folks
calling you and the band sounded like it was fading. Glad to have caught you.
No ND yet on 10 *sigh*

It was fun and look forward to the next RTTY event! Thanks for all the QSOs,
repeats and runs...

73,
Jules
n2wn