[3830] CQ WW RTTY N2FF SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 26 06:30:44 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: East Wiliston, NY

   80:   28   34       15       3     4
   40:  138  262       36      35    12
   20:  250  597       35      73    21
   15:  348  946       21      78    24
   10:  285  813        9      65    22
Total: 1050  252      116     254    83  Total Score = 1,201,356

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

WOW!!!  SFI at 190 and now it's back to 169 after the contest.  Conditions were
fantastic and that's an understatement.  I think conditions were probably
better the second day. My goal was to make over a 1000 QSO's and million points
and I did it. When I look at the log I see I had as many QSO's the second day as
the first. It is usually not that way.  I could not believe how long ten and 15
stayed open on Sunday.

I notice two other things: The band seemed to fade as if were going out and
then slowly came back up.  Also, with some stations it did not matter where I
pointed my quad; they were just as loud.

It was really nice to be able to work deep Asia, but the BV100 eluded me for a
new entity on RTTY.

I sure wish all RTTY contests could be like this. I wonder how many new bees or
first time RTTY contesters there were?  They probably think this is the way
every RTTY contest is.