[3830] TxQP N5NA SO Mobile LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 26 08:33:48 PDT 2011

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N5NA
Operator(s): N5NA
Station: N5NA

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  1342    0       0  Mults = 97  Total Score = 424,522

My score includes 34000 bonus points for activating 34 counties.

Thanks to everyone who called this weekend!  And a big thanks to my wife,
K5AKS, for driving over 1000 miles around WTX!

I found conditions to generally be poor.  Many strong signals but many very
weak signals too.  Rapid QSB brought signals up and down.  In addition to the
conditions I think I may have an antenna problem.  If you were calling and I
couldn't copy I apologize.

This year I used a new feature in CQ/X where the distance to the next county is
calculated along the planned drive path.  Last year the distance was a radial
distance which may or may not be very accurate.  This year I knew EXACTLY how
far to the next county as well as an estimate of the arrival time based on
current speed.  The same applies to any waypoints as well.  A great help for
staying on schedule!

My route this year was a bit more ambitious than in the past.  Saturday was
just under 600 miles covering 23 counties with Sunday planned to be about 300
miles covering 9 counties.  Early Sunday morning I decided to add Yoakum and
Terry which added about 100 miles.

Top callers were:  VE3KZ(36), N6MU(32), K8MFO(31), WB9CIF(28), N0TA(27),
N4JF(27), VE3KP(24), KE0G(23), WA3HAE(23), W4UCZ(23), K5KG(22), NC4KW(22),
K4ZGB(21)

Equipment: K3, HS-1500 antenna, 2000 Chev C2500 antenna support.

Again, thanks to everyone for calling and following me around WTX!

73, Alan N5NA