[3830] CQ WW RTTY KR7X(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 26 18:08:18 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KR7X
Operator(s): KR7X
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   89   103       32       5     6
   40:  220   388       37      31    19
   20:  601  1036       51      53    28
   15:  698  1386       48      54    25
   10:  107   179       28      26    15
Total: 1715  3092      196     169    93  Total Score = 1,416,136

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Methinks he doth ‘diddle’ too much … Another CQWW RTTY Contest done and
gone. I went, yet again, up to Smoke Ranch to operate this contest. Brad and
Ruth, as always, made me feel right at home and even ‘Winston’ the cat
welcomed me. ‘Winston’ looks like a brick with legs.

The conditions were very interesting with high bands open and solar flares and
low bands not as productive as the past. There seemed to be a lot of new
signals on the bands and that is great news. It also seems that the level and
quality of operating technique has elevated to a newer level which makes the
contest even more enjoyable.

I bettered both my total score and number of Q’s from the previous years,
actually they were personal bests. This, along with the enhanced openings on 10
and 15 were the highlights of this running of the WW RTTY test.

There were a few issues encountered mostly with operator error and some
quirkiness with N1MM and MMTTY. I will consult the N1MM reflector about but in
total very little time was lost but the air was “blue” a few times as I
tried to escape out of the lock-up I got myself into. N1MM-MMTTY-Yaesu
MkV’s-Amps-MicroHam MkIIr+ all played nicely with each other for the most
part and when you are SO2R you need all the cooperation you can get.

I thank all for stopping by for a Q and look forward to the seeing you all in
the next test.

Ciao and 73
Hank / KR7X