[3830] CQ WW RTTY AB1J/9(@K9WJU) SOSB/15 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Sep 29 07:38:13 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AB1J/9
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: K9WJU

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Goshen, IN EN71
Operating Time (hrs): 29:22

   15:  635  1598      34      82    27
Total:  635  1598      34      82    27  Total Score = 228,514

There's not much more to be said about the incredible conditions
in the WW RTTY, so I won't.  I think the loud, crashing noise I hear
is from records falling all over the world.

I operated from the Goshen ARC station in Goshen, IN.  I visit my family
and friends there every autumn and included the contest weekend in this
year's trip.  I wanted to do this last year, but an ill wind blew
down the club's tower, so I had to postpone it.  This year I planned a
20M operation, but watched in amazement as the SFI climbed all
week prior to the contest, so I changed to 15.  Could have done 10, but
I have a nostalgic attachment to 15 from my Novice days back in 1958
when I lived in Goshen.

I want to thank the GARC members for letting me use their station and
especially my old friend Sandy, W9JOE, for cleaning up the shack and
making a lot of desk space available for me and my gear.  Like a gas
in a vacuum, I expanded to fill it all, but it was nice to spread out
and not be cramped.

Thanks to everyone who worked me for making it a fantastic weekend.

CU in the WW CW and maybe a bit in the SSB if 10M does an encore.

73,
Kermit, AB1J/9 in the land of soybeans and Amish buggies.