[3830] CQ WW RTTY W0RDS(@NC7M) M/2 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Sep 29 22:13:07 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W0RDS
Operator(s): W0RDS, N6LO, NC7M
Station: NC7M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: OREGON

   40:   62    91       30      12    10
   20:  232   439       46      41    19
   15:  209   484       33      45    22
   10:  193   359       35      37    17
Total:  696  1373      144     135    68  Total Score = 476,431

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Multi 2 with 3 ops... Rookie ops at rtty. W0RDS and N6LO came in plopped down at
NC7Ms QTH and learned in an hour. They did great. We learned so much about
operating RTTY this weekend. Were revved up now. Thanks to all who were
forgiving our blunders and wrong key pushing and for all the QSOs. First couple
hrs spent figuring out what the heck we were doing {:-) Had a fun time.

FT 950, FT920 4 ele mono 20, 4 ele mono 15, 5 over 5 mono 10, vert 40. Morgan
Mfg Inc (Formally ICE) bandpass filter (Morgan was instrumental in getting this
station running with quick turn around on my broken bandpass filters) not a
whisper out of the other stations running together. Pulled my hair out trying
to get N1MM to network. Still no dice. Working on it still (until hair is gone
- then I'll give up or look for a new source of hair)