[3830] WPX SSB VC7R(VA7RR) SOSB20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 1 13:45:28 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VC7R
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VE7SZ

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: BC

   20: 2518

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First and foremost, many thanks to Allan, VE7SZ, for inviting me over to use his
FB station for the contest weekend.

     Conditions were so-so here in British Columbia.  I got off to what I
thought was a good start with a bit less than 600 QSOs in the first 3 hours,
mostly USA.  It got a lot tougher after that - I logged less than 100 JA
stations the entire weekend, and, except for a vert short 10 minute spurt,
Europe was search and pounce only through to Sunday morning.

     Fortunately, conditions improved quite a bit starting at Sunday sunrise.
I was able to call CQ off and on successfully into Europe for most of the day -
the rates were a bit on the slow side(20-40 EUs per hour), but pretty steady,
and I was able to add more than 200 prefixes to the log during this time. It
certainly made for lots of Sunday fun, mostly because one out of every three
stations that called was a new multiplier.

     Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.

73,

Gary VA7RR