[3830] EA RTTY N8HM SOSB/20 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 8 09:01:22 PDT 2012

                    EA RTTY Contest

Call: N8HM
Operator(s): N8HM
Station: N8HM

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Washington, DC

   20:  48     40
Total:  48     40  Total Score = 2,880

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Due to RFI troubles on 15m, I decided to limit my operation to 20m only. 20m
RTTY was great late Friday afternoon and into the evening as I worked several
Europeans and SU9VB in Egypt easily. Unfortunately, by the time the contest
started at 1600Z on Saturday, the A index had risen significantly and the band
didn't perform as I'd hoped. Lots of QSB on European signals even at the peak
of the openings to Europe. The band was pretty much closed by 0230Z on Saturday
evening. I did hear E51M a little later than that, but only for a minute or two
and I wasn't able to work him. My JT65 RB log shows a pretty good opening to
Europe and Africa between 0600Z and 0800Z, but, unfortunately, I was asleep.
The band never opened well to Europe on Sunday morning and I think Easter
limited the participation. I did work 3DA0FC in Swaziland on Sunday morning.
Copy was rough and I only heard him for a few minutes. I was very happy to work
a new DXCC entity, but he was not handing out serial numbers for the contest.

According to N1MM, I worked a total of 14 US/VE areas, 11 DXCCs, and 15 Spanish
provinces.

Rig - Kenwood TS-440S/AT
Interface - SignaLink USB
Antenna - MFJ-1786 Magnetic Loop