[3830] GaQP AD8J Rover Single OpMixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Apr 16 19:10:22 PDT 2012

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: AD8J
Operator(s): AD8J
Station: AD8J

Class: Rover Single OpMixed HP
QTH:

  160:       0       0
   80:      79      21
   40:     489      15
   20:     514      38
   15:       9       0
   10:       0       0
    6:       0       0
------------------------
Total:    1091      74  CW-Dig Mults = 50  Ph Mults = 30  Total Score = 180,480

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The equipment in the KW mobile all worked perfectly.  I didn't
have a driver and really could have used one.  It would have
resulted in a lot more contacts.  I was really beat at the end
of the contest and still had a 4 hour drive back to my home QTH
in NC.  The two "unexpected" items were:

When I had just driven into GA.  I was about 12 miles in
when I came across a big official looking sign saying
"Welcome to NC".  That really confused me as I had figured
I had made a wrong turn.  Shortly afterwards, I ran into all
sorts of police cars, trailers and mobs of people.  It turned
out they were shooting a movie and had constructed the sign
for a scene.  I don't know what movie but will have to watch
for it.

For the last county, I was parked in a closed weigh station
parking lot that had enough room for about 20 big rigs.  I was
right in the middle and it was a great location.  A big rig came
in and parked about 10 spaces down from me.  I figured he
was going to spend the night.  Wrong!  About 5 minutes later a
ambulance and fire truck came flying in with lights and sirens.
They pulled out the gurney, loaded the driver in the ambulance
and went flying out of there.  With the quick response, I
suspect the driver called for medical help and they arranged
the weigh station meeting point.

I'm already looking forward to next year's contest.