[3830] GaQP K4L(W4QO) Single OpCW QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Apr 20 19:49:07 PDT 2012

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: K4L
Operator(s): W4QO
Station: W4QO

Class: Single OpCW QRP
QTH: GA

------------------------
Total:    500       0  CW-Dig Mults = 44  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 44,000

Best ever;most fun yet.  This QSO party just grows on me.

I was part of a "team" that used 5 1x1 calls K4N, K4F, K4A, K4R, K4L
which are the initials for our local radio club NFARL.  Find out more
at nfarl.org  I was the user of K4L (CW).  I used a K3/10 at 5 watts and
a Yagi at 60 feet along with a horizontal loop at 75' fed with open wire
line.  In addition to the 44 states/prov, I worked 50 counties and 16 DX
entities.  The highlight of my weekend was when OM2VL answered my QRP
CQ on 80M!  I rarely get any DX to answer a CQ from me on 80M.  In this
contest, I can also RUN 95% of the time which I can't do in the larger
contests.  I used N3FJP and it does not provide a "by band" breakdown so
unless I do it by hand, it's not done.  I got #500 with 4 minutes to go
on Sunday evening.  Loads of fun!