[3830] SPDX RTTY W0LSD SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 29 08:50:27 PDT 2012

                    SPDX RTTY Contest

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: co

   80:    0
   40:   38   213    15
   20:  286  2033    62
   15:  187  1520    53
   10:    0
-------------------------
Total:  511  3766   130  Continents = 6  Total Score = 2,937,480

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Interesting starting time. It is 6AM local time and nobody started on 40, the
only band open in Colorado, so for 2 hours till 20 and 15 opened, I watched the
east coast and midwest having a blast. My band map was a blur with stations but
little workable. Basically we are behind several hundred Qs before we can "get
started". 20 was pretty poor during our daytime in CO., however, 20 stayed open
till after midnight local time (1900 utc) with many EU and UAs in the log.
Midway through the contest that bad smell of something terribly wrong filled
the shack, I smoked a 756 pro3 so it was SO1R for most of the contest. Still
fighting rf problems with computer and rigs..this was my first SP test and last
contest till Sept. as my location will not be available during the summer. Lots
of fun and thanks to the SP boys for a good contest and thanks to all for the
Qs. Pretty good turn out on 15 and 20, not much on 40 here. I monitored 10
meters the entire contest, even called CQ, and never heard 1 station in 24
hours.  Now to figure outhow to "degray" the cabrillo in WL....see you in the
75 Sprint and then its Sept. CQ WW. 73 Ken