[3830] FlQP K1TN SOABCW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 29 15:41:32 PDT 2012

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Wisconsin

--------------------
Total:  171     0  CW Mults = 60  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 41,040

Low temps here the past few mornings have been in the high 20s so I was thinking
about Florida. Just a casual operation with 100 watts and a dipole. Competition
in Wisconsin was brutal! -- WI9WI, NS9I, N9AUG, N9CK, and they all just ran
roughshod over me in every pileup. I need to move.

Heard 62 of the 67 counties. Heard K4M in LEE and N4EEB in STL but could not
work.

Missed: CHA GLA HAM HEN LEE STJ STL.

Great job by the mobiles; worked:

K4OJ   14
W4AN   13
N5WR   13
W5WMU  12
NX4N   8
N4EEB  8
K5CM   7
NF4A   5
K4M    5
AD8J   5
KN4Y   5
N4AO   5
AD4ES  4
K4KG   4

I filled in "10 hours" of operation but probably a lot less. I might have
checked the bands ten times, I was busy outside chipping ice off the feedline.
I can't imagine staying in the chair long enough to catch all 67 counties.
Knowing my luck I'd probably get dinged for mis-typing a call sign anyway.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Northern Wisconsin