[3830] FlQP W5JR SOAB(A)CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 29 20:27:28 PDT 2012

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W5JR
Operator(s): W5JR
Station: W5JR

Class: SOAB(A)CW LP
QTH: GA

   40:   53     0
   20:   19     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:   72     0  CW Mults = 38  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 10,944

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Had fun going for the 15 CW stations for FLORIDA QSO PARTY.  Had 8 within 30 min
of tuning in late Saturday night. Followed Rovers while waiting for the sweep
with N4Q being the last one needed.  Sunday was real tough, working only South
FL stations on 20 and hearing none on 40 when I was able to get on but did
manage to work a few new ones.  Not a peep out of the North FL rovers on 20.

I decided to go "old school" and used my Heath SB-303 / SB401 rig for this one.
 Wow, even with a CW filter, there were MANY signals coming out of the speaker
towards the end on Saturday.  And the T/R relay is just not fast enough for
contesting!  I've got the Signal/ONE CX7B set up now, it has a much better
filter and QSK.  Neither has "automation" configurable although I could send
the CW from the computer with a little effort, but no need at my QSO levels, hi
hi.

Discovered that several of the popular spotting nets didn't pass the 1x1 calls,
and found best reports for me were using an app on the iPhone - dxcluster.

SB-303/SB401, OCF in the woods, N1MM in manual mode