[3830] FlQP K1GU SOABCW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Apr 30 09:22:15 PDT 2012

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K1GU
Operator(s): K1GU
Station: K1GU

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Pinellas
Operating Time (hrs): Many

--------------------
Total:  602     0  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 80,668

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Operated from my mother's back porch field day style.  Antenna was a
semi-stealth 40m Inv-V up in a pine tree.  Mom's house is one of ten backed
around a small alligator pond.  I worried that someone might call the Sheriff
to report a strange dude casting golf balls into the tree.  Once or twice the
laptop USB port lost the radio and locked up the WinKeyer and I left people in
the lurch while rebooting and sometimes the cw speed would change spontaneously
but otherwise the hardware and software worked.  I played kid with a radio
forcing my wife and mother to enjoy some "quality" time together and wonder if
I'll ever grow up.

Good showing from the Thursday night NS Sprint crowd of fellow geezers.