[3830] FlQP AD8J(@AD8J/M) SO MobileMixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Apr 30 14:42:29 PDT 2012

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: AD8J
Operator(s): AD8J
Station: AD8J/M

Class: SO MobileMixed LP
QTH: 15 Counties
Operating Time (hrs):

--------------------
Total:  1346    60  CW Mults = 64  Ph Mults = 27  Total Score = 500,864

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

What an experience!  This was single op, NO DRIVER, mixed mode and low power.  I
live in Asheville, NC so had to add 525 miles each way.  The Saturday route was
eight (8) counties with only about 70 miles of driving.  Spent about an hour in
each county.  The Sunday route had seven (7) new counties, 100 miles of driving,
and a repeat of ALC from the day before.  I was able to make multiple visits to
some of the Sunday counties and this really helped the numbers.  This confused
a bunch a guys, including some of the big guns who probably got red in the face
when told it was a DUPE.  The equipment, antennas and Honda Accord all held
together.  I only made one wrong turn which wasted about 20 minutes getting to
NAS which was the last county.  As a result, I only had about 40 minutes there
but it shortened the trip home by 20 minutes.  All operation was while parked.
Got back to Asheville at 12:30AM after 1,220 miles of driving.  The guy at the
car wash wanted to know where I’d been when he saw all the bugs stuck to the
front of the car.  I did see two other mobiles.  One was a white van with what
looked like a hustler stick and three band radiators.  I heard the clicking but
couldn’t find their frequency.  The other was W5WMU in a sedan with three
antennas on the back.  I was able to work them as they flew by my shady parking
spot.