[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Aug 2 20:27:29 PDT 2012

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - August 3

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

  160:   0      0
   80:   3      3
   40:  20     14
   20:  15     10
   15:   7      5
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  45     32  Total Score = 1,440

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Promising start, but total collapse the last ten minutes. Just could not get
much on 80, called so many but missed most. LF bands were noisy. Too early on
160 for me for most everyone.

Tnx to three banders from the following:  WD0T/mn, N8EA, K8MR, and NO3M, who
nearly always hears me on 80, if I get there early before QRM.

Five min. segments: 10, 8, 11, 9, and then 4 and 4. Tough way to close it out.

Nice to hear all the familiar calls of NSers. Have been working on the station
this past very, very hot week to get it ready for both the NSL as well as K5PI,
who will operate the NAQP CW from here this weekend. I spent three very hot days
 fixing the 15 meter antennas and the beverages. Still have one inside job, but
have made some long-needed progress.

Tnx to the good ops and the NCCC, plus 3830.

Looking forward to having The Locust/vva here as a speaker for our Summerfest
hamfest this weekend in Austin. Called that pesky guy three or four times but
always got beat out. Maybe I can get through with an eyeball and a brewskie.
:-)

73, Jim N3BB