[3830] NAQP CW K9CU(KB9UWU) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Aug 4 23:14:56 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K9CU
Operator(s): KB9UWU
Station: KB9UWU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

   10:   15     9
-------------------
Total:  622   151  Total Score = 93,922

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #2

Comments:

I could only run 10-15 watts on 10/15.  The ATU would tune to 1:1 but when I
keyed, it would spike to 5:1+.  I spent most of the day trolling 10/15 for
mults and whoever could hear my tiny signal.  20/40 performed as advertised,
although 40 was pretty noisy.  There were strong storms near by all day and
night, luckily none were close enough to make me QRT.  80 was terrible, the
lightning crashes were nasty!  I need to get something up for 160 soon, I'm
missing out on some easy mults.  While I'm still whining... I operated in the
shop with no a/c, and it was 98 and humid!  What is wrong with me?
Equipment: k3, 10-40 cushcraft trap dipole (soon to be scrap metal) @40', 80m
dipole @35'.