[3830] EUHF Champ OH6LI(@OH6LI/OH4A) Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 5 03:33:16 PDT 2012

                    European HF Championship

Call: OH6LI
Operator(s): OH6LI
Station: OH6LI/OH4A

Class: Mixed LP
QTH: Kisko

  160:   95      4     45
   80:  209     54     60
   40:  205     52     54
   20:  183    162     60
   15:   43     11     32
   10:   13      2     13
---------------------------
Total:  748    285    264  Total Score = 272,712

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Conditions were much poorer than I thought.
My plan was to have just some Fun on 10 and maybe 15, but as the propagation
was so poor on upper two bands, I decided to really give the EUHFC a good
effort.

I had no idea how to operate this contest with band change rules, my operating
developed as time went on. Planning to participate from the beginning would
maybe have been a good thing to do. But such over planning is less Fun. Eh?

To my surprise the SSB was much more difficult than CW.
Maybe a big part of that came from the excellent spot service we have these
days on CW. The RBN makes operating CW much more fun. On SSB the small amount
of spots decreases the activity, whereas on CW the bands were full of action.

Also, in the middle of the night at least 15 was sporadically open, but no
stations.
You can do a post-action review about the propagation openings with RBN
historical data.

Running low power teaches many things, like resilience when a station I could
hear very well does not respond even by a ?.
Some stations received my small signal very well.

At the end I noticed I sat on the chair for full 12 hours without a single
break. That sure is a proof EUHFC is a lot of Fun.

Thanks to all for all the Fun QSOs.

73,
Jukka OH6LI