[3830] NAQP CW W8FN Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 5 08:40:58 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

  160:    2     2
Total:  610   145  Total Score = 88,450

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFW Contest Group Tamales

Comments:

This one started out pretty well but eventually evolved into your regular
ass-whupping. I can't remember ever working this hard for such a low QSO
total.

I made a gross tactical error by electing to operate the first 10 hours
straight through. By the time I had worked 20 and 40 out it was still way too
early to do anything on 80 and that really wrecked the rate. At that point I
just wanted to grind it out and get it over with. Guess I'm out of practice in
anticipating summertime conditions.

On a positive note, the new Pixel Technologies loop worked very well as a
receive antenna on the low bands. I'm sure there were some stations I never
would have been able to hear with the transmit antenna.

Hope to see y'all in January, hopefully with better conditions and better
planning on my part.

73...
Randy, W8FN