[3830] NAQP CW K4QPL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 5 12:59:18 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K4QPL
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: K4QPL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC

  160:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  236    94  Total Score = 22,420

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Limited time available but NAQP is always fun. Operated /4 from our beach place
on Topsail Island, NC. Spent time before the contest trying to tune the traps
on a 5BTV vertical on the dock with only a small stainless steel cable thrown
in the water as a ground. With several miles of salt water north and west to
the mainland it worked pretty well 40-15. Later in the evening I discovered
that although the SWR bridge said low SWR, there is a BIG difference between
with QRN but that didn't matter much since no one could hear me anyhow. Was
great to work a lot of northern CA ops I had met in person as a visitor to
their joint club meeting just a week ago.