[3830] NAQP CW KN3A Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 5 13:18:47 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KN3A
Operator(s): KN3A
Station: KN3A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   7      4
   80:   8      7
   40:   8      8
   20:  30     14
Total:  53     33  Total Score = 1,865

Club:

Team: PVRC #3

Comments:

I didn't get to operate nearly as long as I wanted to. Unknown to me we were
invited to my brother's place in the afternoon, and when we got there, my step
sister was there as a surprise for me. I hadn't seen her in many years. I
didn't start working the contest until after 9 pm (eastern time) and I was
really tired from the drive, the fun and the adult beverages :) On Friday night
I strung up a 160 meter dipole, so I wanted to see if it was effective at all
even though it didn't have much height. I worked into New England and down to
NC, so I guess it might work this winter when I get it elevated a bit more.

Anyway, this is my submitted score. NAQP is one of my favorites because it's a
level playing field at 100 watts.

73 Scott

Kenwood TS 450SAT
Dipole Antennas