[3830] NAQP CW WN6K Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 5 20:48:22 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA

  160:    0     0
   80:    5     2
   10:    3     1
-------------------
Total:  613   135  Total Score = 82,755

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Although the average Qs per hour were decent (easy to compute how you're doing
in a ten hour contest eh?} 40m was so noisy with and S8-9 band noise, it was
very hard to copy anyone calling. Only went to 80 a couple of times and worked
the very loudest that I found and went back to 40.

With the SFI at 140 and relative A/Ks not bad, there was some other factor that
kept the band noise so high that it was WORK keeping my butt in chair time. My
S/P methods did not net anything valuable so most of the time I parked and
called CQ and dug things out of the mud.

If one doesn't have a good SO2R setup, I am beginning to feel that this contest
is not so much fun in the summer months.  East Coast seemed to be one band lower
than me all throughout and once mid to east areas went to 40m, I felt like a
lonely ugly duckling on the remaining pond.

WN6K, Paul