[3830] NAQP CW NA8V Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 6 12:11:16 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: mi

Total:  596   184  Total Score = 109,664

Club:

Team:

Comments:

I can't seem to figure out this contest, especially the summer edition.  My 20
Q's absolutely stink - and I thought I was on the band.  If there was good
short skip on 15/20, i missed it.  Ran out of time with one hour to go, which
was the plan - probably cost a few 'out west' mults on 80/160.

Up 30% in score from last year but i had hoped for more improvement with
improved antennas (TH6 vs. vert on high bands, real 160 ant).  Hearing was a
problem on the low bands.  My only rx antenna is an EU beverage with not a lot
of f/b.  The storms were directly behind it.  It does have decent f/s which is
where many of the stations are - not the best of combinations.  It usually
hears ok for the US, but not this time.

3 cheers for winter?

greg/na8v