[3830] WAE CW K3TN Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 13 03:29:27 PDT 2012

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD

   80:
   40:   21    10    42
   20:  176   191    68
   15:  129   114    70
   10:    3           4
-------------------------
Total:  326   315   184  Total Score = 116,840

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3, KPA500 to Windom OCD dipole at 15m

Global warming took the weekend off in the Washington DC area, the FB
weather-enabled outdoor activities meant basement time was limited. But I've
become a QTC convert, each year I get the hang of it a bit more and this is my
highest percentage of unloaded QTCs ever. This year I also learned that there
was a max of 10 QTCs per station - I was wondering why N1MM limited me to 3 one
time, tried to manually change it but the EU station said "pse only 3" and I
figured it out.

This contest sort of represents the ideal contest: variable exchange, lots of
strategy decisions, good but not crazy activity levels - frequency fights are
few and far between, and very high level of CW skills on display.

Caught a bit of a 10 meter openining on Sunday, conditions on 15 seemed
consistently good and nighttime 20m was huge.