[3830] WAE CW M6W(G3WW) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Aug 15 01:44:07 PDT 2012

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: M6W
Operator(s): G3WW
Station: G4EHT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Lichfield

   80:   25     0    13
   40:  104    95    33
   20:  200   253    52
   15:  124   178    42
   10:   57    74    25
-------------------------
Total:  510   600   389  Total Score = 431,790

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Great fun as always and those QTCs means this is always one of my favourite
weekends each year. Receiving your first batch of ten always sharpens you up.

Condx seemed better on day 1 and things became slower at times during Sunday
afternoon, thankfully there were still stations I hadn't collected the full
batch of QTCs from so that kept me relatively busy. Taking ten QTCs over the
pole from W7 or KL7 is always satisfying, followed by another ten at 40 wpm
from those UA9 chaps.

15m was very frustrating. It appeared that fifteen was wide open for most
stations but I found it a real struggle with weak signals and no opening at all
to JA. Wasn't sure if it was a 'northern europe' problem or my vertical favoured
high-angle too much on 15m.

I think DARC should consider switching WAEDC CW to September, the Phone to
November and the RTTY to August.

FT-1000MP 100w
80m ~ 15m Butternut HF9-V
10m h/brew 2 ele moxon beam