[3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Aug 18 23:22:02 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN

  160:    0     0
Total:  277   108  Total Score = 29,916

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team: MWA Auroras

Comments:

The bands were pretty flakey this time, but at least we had some brief openings
on 15 to take some pressure off 20 in the afternoon.  I was able to get a few
little runs on 20 but for the most part it was all S&P.

When I came back from my last "time off period) for the last 2 hours of
operating time, 80 was hot and for a half hour I was getting almost everybody
on the first call!  I felt pretty loud (and am apparently quite delusional!).

Considering the state of the bands, I guess I did OK, but certainly not as well
as in the past.  I guess we play the cards we're dealt!  But regardless, I think
this is a fun contest - even when I'm getting CQ'd in my face.

As always, thanks to everybody for pulling my weak signal out of the mud.  (It
really gets old hearing "you're right at my noise level" - but I guess that's
my choice and I sure do appreciate the good ears, patience and persistence on
the other end.)

The ND0C superstation:
  Yaesu FT-897D running 5 watts
  Wilson SY-3 three element tribander at 48 feet and inverted vee at 45 feet

73,
Randy, ND0C

"You don't have to be crazy to contest with QRP ... but it helps!"