[3830] NAQP SSB W6L(WQ6X) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Aug 22 16:24:40 EDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W6L
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: WQ6X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Mobile/Portable
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  13     3
   40:   2     1
   20:
   15:   1     1
Total:  16     5  Total Score = 80

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

This weekend was another ad-Hoc WQ6X Expedition.  I chose the call W6L to
operate in the International Lighthouse Weekend event which brackets
NAQP.  By Friday, bureaucratic snafus left me w/o an operating location so on
Saturday I traveled between the bay area & Santa Cruz looking for a
lighthouse-related location to operate.  I managed to work KH6 on 15 from
Montara lighthouse, but that was it from there.
I eventually found a nice spot on Bonny Doon beach (@02:00z) only to encounter

HORRIBLE noise levels on 20 & 15 followed by an RF-loop with the 40-m
mobile-Beam causing the ICOM 7000 to shutdown.
I managed QSOs while driving back to Alameda where I wrapped the contest on 80&
40 meters with a 40-m tuned stinger antenna - GO Figure!

Look for me during CQP as part of the K6M Expedition to Modoc County.

  Ron
 WQ6X