[3830] KsQP W4UCZ Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 26 22:56:08 EDT 2012

                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: W4UCZ
Operator(s): W4UCZ
Station: W4UCZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Atlanta GA

----------------------------
Total:  180     0       0  Mults = 99  Total Score = 53,460

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This years KSQP for me was like going fishin' and catching so many
that you filled up your fish bucket and over-ran your beer cooler.
The hits just kept on coming.  What a tour de force from the mobiles!

Thanks to Real/Stage Name :

N5NA/NO5W (N0R) - 32
W0BH (K0S) - 26
K5CM (N0U) - 22
NU0Q (Birth Name) - 22
W0ZQ (W0O) - 18
AD0DX (K0E) - 17
K0HNC (N0K) - 12

THose 1x1's are like a Halloween party where you know who they are but
still need to keep track of their masks and costumes.  Gotta' stay sober.

I was running my usual Voice of America Clear Channel setup of a K3 barefoot
into a 55' random wire up 10' so was astonished to have bagged 99 of 105
counties.  Which brings me to ....

As in the Academy Awards where all the showboat actors step up for glory
and thank all the "little people" who made it happen (roads and bridges),
it's hard to understate how much work and coordination had to go into
getting all 105 counties lit up in a 2.9 Million person state with a median
county size of 7,053 and 65 of the 105 counties with less than 10,000 people.
Both CW and SSB, no less ... so a sub-primitave station could log 99 counties.

So, from Georgia with 159 counties, I respectfully pop a Colt 45 in tribute
to the Producers/organizers ... W0BH and others.  Thanks for the show.

Count me in for the sequel.

73,
Mark, W4UCZ
Atlanta