[3830] ARRL 160 K9CT Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 2 08:24:23 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 1474  Sections = 81  Countries = 32  Total Score = 367,702

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Conditions were good most of the test...sliding in the last 6 hours. Good number
of EU and 25 JA stations for me. No JA on last morning. Seemed like numbers were
down compared to past years. It became boring after the first night....good
rates the first six hours and then the slog began. My attention turned to
reading emails and working the ZL9 dxpedition..hi.

Antennas seemed to work well...directional tx array definitely works. I used a
180 foot high dipole and the 5 element array with a stackmatch on occasion. The
rx array is a HiZ Circle 8 array. This was most helpful for less strong stations
and took a while to zero in on them. Most stations realize you are searching for
them and will be patient while you find them.....some don't get it.

Missed KP4 and NT. Thanks for the qsos and good cw ops.

73, Craig K9CT