[3830] ARRL 160 W0DLE M/S LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 2 09:22:05 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0DLE
Operator(s): W0DLE WB0GAZ
Station: W0DLE

Class: M/S LP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 768  Sections = 80  Countries = 10  Total Score = 142,020

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Since I live off grid, and not wanting to spend $ on generator fuel, I decided
to do a LP effort with Dave, WB0GAZ. A few hours into the contest I wondered
about that decision as the responses were not coming at a rate we desired. We
hung in there and managed to get some JA's the first morning and EU the second
night. I am quite happy we were able to work these stations with 100 watts. I
heard K0RF and AA0RS working more that we did, but I could not bust the pile
ups with LP. My Beverages heard the DX very well. This was the first 160 meter
test using the phased verticals, and they peformed as expected. We used an
inverted V for close in stations. LP is painful on 160 but we got through it
ok. Looking forward to CQ 160 test.

Chuck
W0DLE