[3830] ARRL 160 OL0A(OK1CZ) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 2 10:10:03 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: OL0A
Operator(s): OK1CZ
Station: OK1CZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JO70

Total:  QSOs = 21  Sections = 16  Countries = 2  Total Score = 672

Not very serious entry in the Low Power category.
Both nights I operated about 2 hours around W/VE sunset, then went to bed and
got up for the local sunrise.
Condx were not very good but interesting.
Most East coast contacts made around their sunset time. All the stations heard
at my sunrise time Saturday were not workable with low power.
The second night was better, there was a good opening to W0 at my sunrise time
Sunday, when W0 stations were louder than East coast, so I could work MO/IA/NE.

I was listening to FB signal of AA0RS until 0710Z, 40 min past my sunrise, but
called him in vain.
VY2ZM was good signal until 0812Z, and most unusually K5NA was audible until
0850Z, 2 hours and 20min past my sunrise! He was the only NA signal on the band
at that time.

RIG TS480HX at 150W, antenna 27m (88ft) vertical used on both TX and RX.