[3830] ARRL 160 N1LN M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 2 11:16:17 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): W0UCE, N3ND, N4CW, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NC

Total:  QSOs = 1448  Sections = 80  Countries = 41  Total Score = 392,161

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a fun weekend.  Once again the Jack, Dan, Bert and Bruce team came together
to see what we could do. It was much appreciated to have a very quiet band on
Friday night with reasonable conditions into Europe that resulted in adding 42
DX QSOs to the log.  31 were EU, 10 SA and 1 JA.  There was some QRN to deal
with Saturday night, but the conditions to Europe were much better. We added
another 73 on Saturday night that included 72 EU and 1 SA. From a domestic
viewpoint we missed and did not hear PR, MB and NT.  We expected not to hear
NT, but where were PR and MB?  When the counting was over we were able to
increase out points per QSO to 2.23.  Much better than last year, but 2010 is
still in the lead.

As always one of the high points in our Multi-Op weekends is enjoying a visit
from Chef Archie.  He put together a home made vegetable beef soup that was to
die for.  This was not just soup, but a culinary delight that demanded just the
right bottle of red wine to accompany it.

Look for us to be back for CQWW-160.

73,
Bruce N1LN