[3830] ARRL 160 N9NC M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 2 19:21:20 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N9NC
Operator(s): N9NC
Station: N9NC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH

Total:  QSOs = 1017  Sections = 77  Countries = 29  Total Score = 241,044

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

160m and 10m enthusiasts had always both assumed their respective ARRL single
band contest weekend is the best, for precisely the same reasons:

You can actually hear both KH6LC and KL7RA on 10m.

You can actually hear CALIFORNIA on 10m.

A good hour on 10m is 400, not 40.

A slow hour on 10m is 40, not 4.

On 10, that slow hour comes about 3:30, PM not AM.

You typically don’t hear the rest of the mult pile up on 10m.

When you wake up from that first good nap after the 10m contest, you actually
feel better than when you went to sleep.

Inspiration and due credit to Douglas Adams (
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/811-for-instance-on-the-planet-earth-man-had-always-assumed
) and N6TR ( http://www.kkn.net/~tree/tbdisease.html  ).

A great time; missed ND, WTX, SF, KP4, VE4, VE8; thought I heard a JA.
Went assisted because I like watching what is happening on the band, otherwise
it was mostly a minus in this one - in large part because of typical top band
propagation, the DX had to drop their call many times thus were repeatedly
picked up by skimmers, there were lots of 'that mult is gone and was really
calling someone else' type of spot.

CU in ARRL 10m

73,

Tom  N9NC