[3830] ARRL 160 VA2EW(VE2TZT) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 2 21:01:32 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VA2EW
Operator(s): VE2TZT
Station: VE2TZT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Montreal

Total:  QSOs = 1307  Sections = 81  Countries = 34  Total Score = 333,730

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

It is now nearly two months since I have made a RFI reclamation to HydroQuebec
about an arcing problem 800m away from my house in Europe direction. I have
given them the exact position and even pictures of the faulty return line
isolator, still nothing had been done.

Then this is the third contest that I work under 4 S-units over noise in
direction of Europe 60% of the time. That’s coming to get me nervous.

I was expecting low conditions in this increasing part of the solar cycle, not
at all, the conditions were really great with big signals in all directions,
after a few hours of contest only 5 sections were missing to finally end with
81 sections, missing PR and NT as usual. The ONN section was not as scarce as
it could have been though.

Usually I have to wait until 21H00  local time to be heard by Europeans. This
time, contacts with Europe were possible since my sunset at 16H00 local time.

The only concern with this contest is the lake of participants especially the
DX ones. During the whole two nights we were able to hear with big signals the
few European stations participating seriously.

The highlight for me was when I was called with a big signal by a VK6 station,
he made my day giving me my #35 160m WAZ zone and a  few minutes later KL was
also in the log just to illustrate how good were the conditions.

A quiz for readers:
 CQWW CW 2012   :  4331 QSO's and 38 dupes,
 160m ARRL 2012 :  1307 QSO's and 70 dupes.
Find the mistake…

Due to the arcing noise, I certainly had missed several multipliers and EU
calls that could explains my poor DX- mult score, sorry for those who called me
without success, send your reclamation to Hydro…