[3830] ARRL 160 K5ER M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 3 01:04:27 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K5ER
Operator(s): K5ER
Station: K5ER

Class: M/S HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 75  Sections = 43  Countries = 3  Total Score = 7,314

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

For YEARS I have avoided the use of spotting networks during contesting. Still
something quaint about finding them for yourself. I was chasing some DX when I
ran across this contest. I had a little time and decided to play an hour or
two. I couldn't "unsee" what was already on the band map, so I opened a log and
to be honest, clicked "assisted". When submitting score, I glanced at rules and
see there ISN'T a SO-assisted category. I'm still an advocate of NOT throwing
SO-assisted and SO-UNassisted together, but a SO-assisted probably doesn't
stand a chance against a Multi-Assisted, either. Even though I participated as
a Sngle-Op, my entry is a Multi-Single. Guess next time I better stop and read
rules BEFORE participating.