[3830] ARRL 160 WX4MLB M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 3 22:07:01 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WX4MLB
Operator(s): K9ES, AD4ES, N8KH
Station: WX4MLB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SFL

Total:  QSOs = 160  Sections = 59  Countries = 8  Total Score = 19,765

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This operation was in conjunction with the National Weather Service Skywarn
Recognition Day event from the NWS office at Melbourne FL.  We operated on 160
when the other Skywarn activity was inactive.  Our thanks go to GAP Antennas
for their loan of the Gap Voyager antenna which enabled this operation.  The
station consisted of an Icom 756 Pro-2 and a Ameritron AL572 Linear, operating
from 110VAC.  The most output was 900 Watts.  The Skywarn Recognition event ran
from 00:00Z Dec 1 to 00:00Z Dec 2, so we only really operated from 5PM to 7PM
EST Friday, and then when the low bands closed Friday night until the low bands
opened on Saturday morning.  The operation ended at 7PM Saturday night and all
equipment was torn down.