[3830] ARRL 160 W1SJ Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Dec 5 21:29:15 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT

Total:  QSOs = 1042  Sections = 75  Countries = 16  Total Score = 195,650

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

Conditions very, very quiet both nights. That's the good news. Unfortunately,
most of the long haul stuff was missing the first night, including EU. I guess
I need to put the low dipole up a tad higher!  On the second night, things were
better - EU came blasting through at gray-line around 2100Z. Some EU's had good
sigs all night while most were weak and likely didn't hear me either.

I'll confirm the lament from someone who posted about dupes - way too many
folks are calling me a 2nd and 3rd (and 4th!!) time. It is getting bad in this
and other contests, too. I guess it's too much to expect folks to use their log
software checking program (or a an old fashioned dupe sheet!).

Lessee if we can make a few mo QSO's on 10M in a few days...

Mitch