[3830] ARRL 160 W2BC(W2RU) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Dec 6 22:56:21 EST 2012

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W2BC
Operator(s): W2RU
Station: W2RU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WNY

Total:  QSOs = 916  Sections = 78  Countries = 31  Total Score = 217,673

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Definitely a FUN weekend, thanks to minimal QRN and lots of activity, coupled
with ARRL/RAC Sections as multipliers (which make working California stations
nine times more interesting and important).

My original plan was to just spend a few hours chasing Sections, but low-noise
band conditions kept bringing me back into the shack both evenings.  Even so, I
still missed LAX (!) plus four of the usual suspects (NT, PR, VI, WY). Best
moment:  being called by WL7E!

Antenna:  90-foot top-loaded shunt-fed tower w/some radials